Cowin vaccine certificate correction is possible for all Indian citizens who have taken the Covaxin and Covishield vaccine. You can correct most of the details in your Cowin covid certificate correction in India such as name change, age correction, date of birth, Aadhar number, 1st and 2nd dose vaccine date, gender and other corrections. The central government has declared that people will now be able to make corrections in the details such as age, date of birth, gender in their COVID-19 vaccine certificate with a new ad-on feature “Raise an Issue” on Cowin Portal.
- Cowin Covid Certificate Correction 2021
- Why everyone must have the COVID-19 Certificate?
- Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- How to download COVID-19 vaccination certificate from CoWIN Portal?
- How to download Covid Vaccine Certificate from Aarogya Setu App?
- How to do Cowin Covid Certificate Correction via CoWIN portal?
- How to verify vaccine certificate to check its authenticity?
- FAQs regarding CoWIN Vaccine Certificate Error Correction
Cowin Covid Certificate Correction 2021
When a person receives the first dose of vaccine, a message is sent on the registered mobile number, which has a link for the Vaccination Certificate. The certificate can be downloaded by clicking on the link.
The COVID-19 vaccination Certificate contains a unique 13-digit beneficiary reference ID through which all the details can be retrieved. Personal information such as name, age, gender, date of dose, name of the vaccine, vaccination centre, along with the name of the health official who has given the vaccine, are usually mentioned on the vaccine certificate.
However, the certificate received after getting the first vaccine is a provisional one. The final certification is issued after completing both doses of vaccination.
Why everyone must have the COVID-19 Certificate?
The COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate is proof that a person has successfully completed the vaccination course. The certificate will be the golden ticket to avail of many services such as international travel. Even if someone is not travelling by air, still they should have a vaccine certificate.
Public transports, railways, and many such services might consider this valid proof to prevent the infection in the future.
Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
After getting the vaccination, many people, especially senior citizens, are not familiar with downloading the Corona Vaccination Certificate. The users should download the certificate from government-sponsored apps.
You can download COVID-19 Vaccine Certificate from: a) COWIN Portal and b) Arogya Setu App.
How to download COVID-19 vaccination certificate from CoWIN Portal?
Right here are some easy steps to guide through the process of downloading the covid-19 Certificate:
- First, go to the official CoWIN website
- Now, click the login button and sign in using the registered mobile number.
- The OTP is sent immediately to verify the identity.
- After logging in, first and second vaccination dates are visible.
- Now, go to the certificate tab link provided below the name.
- Click the ‘Download Button’
- The PDF file as the Corona Vaccine Certificate downloaded to the system/mobile phone.
How to download Covid Vaccine Certificate from Aarogya Setu App?
Aarogya Setu app is set up especially for COVID-19. It can diagnose early symptoms of the COVID and can also track of Corona Positive people. Anyone can use Aarogya Setu to download the Vaccination Certificate by following the steps given below:
- Install the Aarogya Setu App.
- Login using the Mobile Number and OTP.
- Click on the CoWIN tab at the top.
- Now click on Vaccine Certificate and enter 13-digit Beneficiary ID.
- Lastly, click on the “Get a Certificate” link to download it in the system/mobile.
How to do Cowin Covid Certificate Correction via CoWIN portal?
What if a person has received the vaccination certificate and sees errors on it? Does the question arise whether the errors can get rectified or not? Well, there is nothing to worry about as the government has added a new feature – “Raise an Issue” on the Cowin platform and Aarogya Setu App. Now, the applicants can correct the wrongly filled details in their certificate, such as name, year of birth, gender. The feature has helped people from getting fake certificates.
Please Note: The applicants can edit the details only once. When the changes have been made, the old certificate will get deleted, and the new one will be issued. So, make sure to enter the correct details as there is no second chance.
Steps to change name, age or gender in COVID-19 vaccination certificate
- Open the CoWin website https://www.cowin.gov.in/
- Sign in with the personal details from the website.
- All member details will be on the dashboard.
- Now, click on ‘raise an issue’. Choose a member’s name from the list.
- Now, click on Correction of errors.
- Set the details to be corrected (gender, name, date of birth etc).
- Change you name, age, gender or date of bith in Cowin Covid Certificate.
- Changes will appear in the CoWin Vaccination Certificate. If not, you can call on Cowin Help Line number.
How to verify vaccine certificate to check its authenticity?
A person gets a vaccination certificate as proof, which has a secure QR code to protect against fraud. Check the Certificate authenticity from the official Cowin website. Follow the given steps to check:
- First, visit the CoWIN Portal. Next to the FAQ button, there is vaccine certificate verify button. Click on it.
- Now, click the “Scan QR code” button. A notification will pop-up to notify you to turn-on the camera on the device.
- Place the camera at the QR code on the certificate. Scan it.
- Finally, the website will say “Certificate verified successfully” in case of successful verification or will say “Certificate invalid” if the certificate is invalid.
Those people who have received a single dose of the vaccine will receive a single blue border with vaccine status on their home screen and the Aarogya Setu logo with one tick.
The double-marked ‘Blue Shield’ will appear in the app for those completely vaccinated people after 14 days of the second dose. The double tick will appear after confirmation of the immunisation status from the Cowin website.
FAQs regarding CoWIN Vaccine Certificate Error Correction
1– Is there a payment method to correct the details on the vaccination certificate from CoWin?
No, it’s free of cost.
2– Can I change my age on the Cowin Vaccination Certificate?
Yes, applicants can change their age on the certificate by making changes to the year of birth. In order to do so, applicants can follow all the steps given in this post above.
3– Can I make changes to my COVID Vaccine Certificate more than once?
No. Citizens who have made changes to their vaccination certificate will not be able to make changes to their certificate again. You can update the changes only once.